Friday, June 21, 2013

6:02 AM

How to Score 340 in GRE – Ashwini Nene

Ashwini Nene is probably the first person in India to score 340 out of 340 in GRE. I sent list of questions to Ganesh Kohli, founder of KIC Education for email based Q&A with Ashwini Nene.



How to Score 340 in GRE – Ashwini Nene
Ashwini Nene and Ganesh Kohli

Her GRE Experience on how to score 340 in GRE 

How do you feel about scoring perfect score in Revised GRE?
I am really excited. I expected to get 335+ but I never thought I would get 100% marks, so I am thrilled.

How long did you study for GRE?
I joined the KIC Education classes in August 2012 and continued until March 2013. So I studied for around 7-8 months.

Can you give an overview about your GRE Study Plan?
I worked with KIC Education, whose counselors helped me create a personalized study plan.
The math section tests basic math concepts. So for this section, I went through all the concepts and did a lot of practice from the KIC materials and also from popular reference books.
For the verbal section, vocabulary and critical reading skills are important. So I worked on my vocabulary and practiced solving different question types. In the last two months, I used to give mock-tests.

When you started preparing for GRE, what was your average practice test score?
My score fluctuated from 325 to 337. Initially my score was around 328 and later it increased to about 335.

What test prep materials (books, software, courses) did you use use for GRE Prep?
The classes formed the basis of my study, and videos of these were available for review at KIC.
I used various study materials provided to me as part of my program. In addition, I used Barron’sKaplanPrinceton Review and the official ETS guide.

How did you improve your weak areas in GRE?
The verbal section was the hardest part of the exam. So I consistently worked on improving my vocabulary by using GRE word-lists provided by KIC. I read articles from NYT, WSJ, etc. to enhance my critical reading skills. I also practiced doing the section under timed conditions to simulate the actual test environment.

What is your Dream and Target schools?
I wish to do an MS in computer science in the US, but have not decided my specialization  So depending on my specialization  I will have to choose my university. As of now, I have no particular university in mind.

0 comments :

Post a Comment