Monday, April 29, 2013

7:09 AM

Many students with admits for Fall 2010 semester around the world are preparing for US F1 Visa interview. Looks like Leela already appeared twice for Student Visa interview and both times US visa was got rejected (potential immigrant, insufficient funds). Leela is asking how to improve his/her chances to get visa during next visa interview.
My visa application got rejected early this month and the VO indirectly said he thinks i may be a potential immigrant, which is probably because of some questions that i answered too vaguely.I know how to answer those questions now.
But on my second appointment another VO said that my financial statement states the exact amount of money that my college tuition is (including housing), which is not enough. this statement also contradicted the words of the first VO who said that my financial documents seem fine and i can obviously afford to go to University.
I asked the second VO how much more money she thinks i should have in the bank, or what if I stay at my relative’s house instead of living on campus, but she didn’t give me a straight answer.
will it help If I show the VO an e-mail from my University that states that i am permitted to live off campus?

Also, what is the best way of convincing them that i’m only going there for studying and will get back home as soon as i get my degree?

F1 Student Visa

You should first read the in-depth F1 Student Visa interview process. It has all the required information for a student appearing for US Visa interview.
I have never read any experience, where VO answered how more funds are required. I don’t think is VO’s job to answer your questions. You should be prepared for the interview. Also, read the post about Required Bank balance for US F1 Student Visa Interview.
Only first year total expense (fees, living expense) will be listed in I-20. You must show funds sufficient enough to cover the expense for entire course duration.
It doesn’t matter where you plan to stay or how many roommates you decide to share the apartment. Only the fees listed in the I-20 will be considered. You must be prepared to show the required funds and prove to them that you can complete the course in US. Good luck to you for your next visa interview (if you decide to attend again).

Your Visa Experience

I would appreciate if students who have attend visa interview can post their experience. Did you have any interesting encounters?

0 comments :

Post a Comment