Sunday, July 21, 2013

5:55 AM
As many students will be gearing up to travel to the US this fall, I thought to post in detail regarding the I-94 form that students and all the people that travel to the USA need to fill it. Getting to know about what all you need to do while entering to the USA will make you much more prepared.  Below is a complete overview on I-94 form.
What is I-94 Form?
I-94 Form is a way that US Officials keep track of your Arrival and Departure from the USA. All the countries have this Form, in USA it is named as I-94. Before April 2013, you needed to fill the form manually before entering the US. But now US have made this form an Electronic Form. This will relieve some stress of filling out the information on the paper form for the travelers.
Details On Electronic I-94 Form: -
Since there is no paper form to be filled out, you have to directly go towards the port of entry in the USA. At the port of entry CBP officer will create an electronic I-94 record for you by utilizing advanced traveller information from Department of Homeland Security, Department of State systems, etc. After the CBP Officer creates the electronic form, the officer will stamp your passport and then you are allowed to enter into the United states.
Accessing The I-94 Form: -
I-94 form is a really important document for you. I will be sharing with you the importance of I-94 below. You can access the I-94 form from online by going to this following site.https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html. You have to fill in the required details asked in this page. When you click on submit, you will get your I-94 form. You can take a printout of this form. I will be discussing this point in detail below.
While Leaving The United States: -
If you had filled the Paper I-94 form while entering the United States then in that case, you must return the I-94 form while leaving the US.
If you had an Electronic I-94 Form created while you arrived in the US, then there is nothing to be carried while leaving the US. There is no need to take the print-out and carry the copy of I-94 Form while you leave the US.
Importance Of I-94 Form: -
As I said before that I-94 Form is an important document for you. It can be useful in the following places: -
  • Applying for SSN.
  • Applying for Driver’s License.
Remember that you are not required to submit this I-94 form while you leave the USA, but it’s a good practice to print the form and keep it along with your passport, as it will be useful in many other places apart from what I have enlisted above.
Things To Look For In I-94 Form: -
You will see your I-94 form after you click on submit. Here’s a sample I-94 form. Check out the following things in your I-94:
  • Admit Until Date.
  • Class of Admission.
Download Sample I-94 form.pdf

Sample I-94 form




Source: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html

0 comments :

Post a Comment